- New Zealand mayor wants nude cyclists arrested, but local police have concluded that biking without clothes is not an offense.
- March 12 is World Naked Bike Ride Day 2006. I'm sure there will be many reports after tomorrow, and hopefully the local law will leave the riders alone. If you miss this ride there is another scheduled on June 10.
- Bettie Page is more popular than ever, at age 82. "Being in the nude isn't a disgrace unless you're being promiscuous about it," she said. "After all, when God created Adam and Eve, they were stark naked. And in the Garden of Eden, God was probably naked as a jaybird too!"
- The Kentucky State Senate is about to define nudity using a measuring tape in order to "protect women". State Sen. Perry Clark, D-Louisville, said adult businesses wouldn't thrive if so many people didn't patronize them. "I was told recently by the minister of a large church that if his members would stop going to these places, we wouldn't have to deal with this issue," Clark said. With South Dakota banning almost all abortions and states criminalizing nudity, the female body is becoming Federal property as the freedoms supposedly "guaranteed" to us by the Constitution continue to be eroded.
- For centuries the male form has been depicted nude in art. Is the nude male figure "embarassing" or "homoerotic"? Or can it be both Platonic and homage? This article explores the history of the male nude in art.
- Wisconsin Humane Society members pose nude with their pets as a fundraiser.
- Web site of the Day: Art Nudes.
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
- "Naked and Nude" art exhibit to open in Missouri, featuring paintings and drawings by Jane Mudd and sculpture by Jane Bell. “The reason so many artists through time have been drawn to the human form is because it is the most compelling of subjects and surely the most challenging,” Mudd said. “The possibilities for expression are endless.”
- A college student, who is not a nudist, has the right attitude towards natural and non-sexual nudity.
- Salma Hayek gained weight for her latest role, and got to show off her curvy figure in a sex scene with Colin Farrell. "Once I got naked with all that weight I said: 'You know what? It's okay,'" she said.
- There's a 1 in 10 chance that the next telemarketer that calls to annoy you during dinner will be stark naked.
- Lindsay Lohan says that she will do a nude scene in a movie if it wins her an Oscar. Geez, I didn't know one could get that kind of guarantee in Hollywood. Anyway, if you want to see Lindsay bare right now, here's the link.
Saturday, March 04, 2006
- Full frontal nudity for the new James Bond movie? Daniel Craig says that he is willing.
- You have to give a lot of credit to naked rambler Stephen Gough who is willing to let himself be jailed over and over for his right to be nude, this time being sentenced to 2 months in prison for appearing in court nude. The sheriff commented that Gough's nudity was "offensive".
- Bike Week in Daytona Beach, Florida, promises to test the recent ruling by a judge that local anti-nudity laws are unconstitutional. Police vow to uphold state laws against disorderly conduct, and the Florida Supreme Court ruled in 1976 that nude sunbathing could be disorderly. Local officials are still waiting for U.S. District Court Judge John Antoon to clarify whether his original ruling applies only to dancers in clubs or to nudity in public places.
- Here's an interesting article called "Sexual Fascism in Progressive America", wherein the anonymous author dicsusses our society's public wrath against sex offenders, and how it is clouding our judgment when it comes to normal nudity and sexuality. All this in a country where pornography has become mainstream popular culture.
- If you cannot be naked on your yacht, where can you be naked?
- OK, here are my Oscar picks - Best Picture: "Crash", will win, "The New World" was not nominated but was the best in my opinion; Best Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman, will and should win; Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon will win, Felicity Huffman should win; Best Supporting Actor: George Clooney will win, Matt Dillon should win; Best Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz will and should win; Best Director: Ang Lee will win, Stephen Spielberg should win.