Friday, August 22, 2008

Eligible for AARP

So far I've resisted the seemingly endless parade of letters in my mailbox urging me to join AARP.

I keep telling my wife that like Merlin, I'm actually youthening instead of aging.

It's harmless self-delusion. Nobody wants to get old, but everybody does anyway.

So it's good to know that I'm not alone being in my fifties.

Pop icons Prince, Madonna and Michael Jackson all reach the milestone this year. Seems hard to believe.

If you are 50, this list of other celebrities hitting 50 this year will either make you feel better, or worse.

Look at it this way. Your century is not half empty, it's half full.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Rick said...

I get the AARP letters too. Even though I've passed the half century mark, I still don't feel like an adult, a responsible adult anyway.