Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bald and Nude for Art

A University of Utah professor has shaved her head and her eyebrows and appears completely naked in a production of the play "W;t.".
I only get freaked out when I look in the mirror," (Sarah) Shippobotham says, laughing. "I have way too little personal vanity. I don't consider myself particularly brave because I had the choice to do it. And it's an amazing role for a woman, to have that much stage time and be able to tell that story, whether it's six times or 200 times, it's the fact that the story is out there." But there's also the nudity required as Bearing dies, a plot twist the character reveals to the audience early in the story. "I've never been naked on stage before, and that was an interesting aspect of the project, that sense of physical vulnerability," Shippobotham says. "Although as I have discovered, it's the emotional vulnerability that's the difficulty at the level I'd like to achieve."

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Edenbayer said...

Well, Nudism is all about body acceptance - just like who you are and enjoy life