Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Daily Newds 2/25/09


  • Rachael Isaacson supports breastfeeding but believes that being too open is counterproductive.
    ...my personal belief is I can meet my baby’s needs AND take into consideration of the public around me. That means being discreet. Some women disagree with this because breast feeding is natural and healthy and isn’t something to hide.
  • Residents in the Vermont town of Westmore will vote whether of not to spend $25,000 to enforce a nudity ban on Lake Willoughby.
  • A student at Whitworth University wants to preserve the legacy of streaking.
    The decline in streaking certainly can’t be due to an increased level of modesty or discomfort with our bodies. Society as a whole has become more immodest since the 1960s. If you think Whitworth is an exception to the rule, you have only to look at the popularity of the partially nude calendar the Carlson Men of Arend put out every year. There is no doubt that those students are comfortable with their bodies.
  • The mayor of Oaxaca in Mexico wants to expand nude beaches to attract more tourists.
  • This article exclaims that the summer of 2009 will be remembered as the time when nudism took off in Argentina.
  • At an FKK swim in Germany, a woman was told that she had to undress, or leave the facility.
  • More articles on the Maine topless coffee bar here and here.
    Topless waitress Susie Wiley, 23, of Farmingdale, said she went for the job because it's "something different" and said she's worked in coffee shops since she was a teenager. Asked whether the shop is degrading to women, Wiley said, "No, I love it. I find it very empowering, not degrading."
  • Officials in Destin, Florida, plan to send out "inspectors" in order to catch nude dancers in the act.
  • Members of the Edinburgh Music Theatre Company discuss disrobing for their production of "Hair".
    "I've never been unhappy with my body, but at the same time I've never been comfortable showing it off. I'm the kind of person that wouldn't even go topless on the beach, but this play has made me more comfortable – to the point where I wouldn't be afraid to bare all again. "Since I've been rehearsing for this show, I've learned to love the costumes and I've become comfortable being in character, with or without the clothes."
  • I think this article is meant to be inspirational, but there's something a bit sad about a mother and daughter bonding over their boob jobs.

No comments: