Saturday, November 19, 2005

Still Nude

When I made the decision to throw off my clothes and live life naked, I also threw off years of shame and false modesty about my own body. Living in the nude is not only liberating for the skin, it frees the mind and the emotional self from years and years of Puritanical repression. Although I am still primarily a closet nudist, that is, practicing at home and not in social settings, the transition from the world of clothes to the world of nudism is real.

Looking back, I have never been comfortable in clothes. All those hot and humid nights wearing briefs, all the summer days wearing a shirt and tie and hating the feeling of the clothes sticking to my skin - I only wish that I had come to my senses years ago. Now I sit at my computer completely nude and very comfortable, with no pants to bind by legs and waist and no shirt to rub on my skin. I feel happier and healthier both physically and mentally.

This is how people are meant to live. Clothes certainly serve a practical purpose as protection against the elements and other hazards, but at home or at the beach, there is no practical purpose to covering up. I love getting out of the shower in the morning and staying nude all day long, whenever I can. It has gotten to the point where my nakedness is far more normal for me than having to put on clothes. Whenever I do come home, the clothes go off, and I am instantly invigorated.

My wife has become very accepting of my nudity. At first she was a little nervous about my revelation - after all, I've been very modest for 25 years, especially for the last 20 while raising our child. My wife now understands that my nudism is healthy and normal, and she even told me that I had become a better man as a result. Being nude means that you have absolutely nothing to hide, and I firmly believe that a truer self can emerge when the clothes disappear.

So far my wife has not embraced nudism for herself. She does walk aroung naked more than she did before, and on a couple of occasions she has taken off her top when the heat was getting to her. She has expressed to me that she really likes wearing clothes. I think that if she accepts me naked then I have to respect her wish to remain her clothed. But last night she told me that it would be fun to go to a nude beach sometime. Hope springs eternal.

I have been unsuccessful at contacting a nudist organization in my area, although I have tried. The 2 listed clubs do not return e-mails, but there is a physical mailing address and I will drop them a line. It would be nice to meet up with some local naturists before venturing to a resort. I think my wife would be accepting of meeting up with a local group for a nude swim, but probably a little reticent to travel to a nudist club. I will post all progress here.

Get naked!

No comments: