Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Daily Newds

  • New York's "Naked Cowboy" is releasing an album of songs. "Some of the tracks have eyebrow-raising titles, the most printable, perhaps, being "Get Your Ass Kicked by a Man in his Underwear.""
  • Janice and Charles Youngman are retiring to the textile world after running South Florida's only nudist resort for the past 37 years. "It's time to give up the lifestyle, Janice said. ''My husband's cold all the time,'' she said. ``He's gotta wear a jacket.''"
  • Swedish photographer Jannica Honey is a feminist artist who is not afraid to speak her mind. "Being naked, to me, I think it's really liberating. I think as soon as humans start to put on things, you put on a bit of sexuality, a bit of style, class, religion. It's all added on to emphasise who they are. I think the naked body is so... I want to say pure but it sounds shit. It's real to me. I think being naked is divine." Her views on nudity are liberating as she observes the differences between Swedish and British cultures, such as the use of the terms "birthday suit" and "naughty bits". "That's something I find quite interesting because it's not offensive to be naked."
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: