Friday, December 12, 2008

Bettie Page Has Died


Iconic pin-up queen Bettie Page has died. Here are some of her quotes regarding nudity:

"I was never one who was squeamish about nudity. I don't believe in being promiscuous about it, but several times I thought of going to a nudist colony."

"I love to swim in the nude and roam around the house in the nude. You're just as free as a bird!"

"Being in the nude isn't a disgrace unless you're being promiscuous about it. After all, when God created Adam and Eve, they were stark naked. And in the Garden of Eden, God was probably naked as a jaybird too!"

"When I turned my life over to the lord Jesus I was ashamed of having posed in the nude. But now, most of the money I've got is because I posed in the nude. So I'm not ashamed of it now. But I still don't understand it." (Playboy Interview)

“I want to be remembered as a woman who changed people’s perspectives concerning nudity in its natural form.” (from The New York Times)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Rick said...

“I want to be remembered as a woman who changed people’s perspectives concerning nudity in its natural form.”

That is certainly how I'll remember her although I'm much too young to remember her in her heyday.