Thursday, September 22, 2005

The First Post


I have been a closet nudist all of my life. I suspect, at least in some ways, you are too. Turning 51 recently has put me through something akin to a mid-life crisis, although I am probably past the middle of my life, and I have been doing a self-examination so that I can try and make the remaining years fruitful and fun.

As this diary progresses, I will be both relating my current experiences with nudism, and occasionally recalling the past. I have read a lot of articles on the Internet written by nudists, many recalling the first time experiencing social nudism, and many others praising the lifestyle and encouraging others to take the plunge. This diary starts today, at the beginning of my experience, and I will write about everything that happens to me from now until whenever.

The urge to be naked has been with me all of my life, yet I have supressed it in the last decade or so, even to the point of closing the door when I take a shower. Well, the kids are gone and it's just my wife and me now. Perhaps it was modesty, or false shame, or even poor body image issues that have caused me to suppress by nudism, but the time has come to change.

I remember many times in my youth being nude, and just how wonderful it was. It was never sexual, even in mixed company, but it was certainly sensual. Over time I will write about those moments from the past.

So, the moment of truth came 2 nights ago. My wife and I were goofing around, and for one reason or other I took off all my clothes and remained naked for the evening. She knows how modest I have been, and it was somewhat of a shock to her, but not in a negative way - she couldn't stop laughing. Was the sight of my bare behind bending over at the refrigerator really that funny? Or was it just that it was so unexpected? Perhaps both.

Anyway, I suddenly realized that there was absolutely no reason to wear clothes in the house when we are alone. Sure, you have to be practical, cover up when it is chilly, put on some pants when the man comes to read the gas meter. But wearing pajamas? Putting on clothes right away when getting out of the shower? Wearing a shirt and pants to watch TV? Certainly those are not situations requiring textiles on the skin.

So, there I was, doing everything I normally do, but naked as a jaybird. Other than the incessant giggling from my better half, it felt wonderful. Not a sexual turn-on, not deviant or exhibitionist, but just the way I am. And so comfortable! After an hour or so I declared that I was going to be nude all the time when practical. I went to bed nude, I got up nude, I showered nide, I made coffee and breakfast in the nude, and I went to work nude. Before you jump to conclusions, let me reveal that I work at home.

The next day my wife was just as tickled by the situation as she was the night before, sneaking a photo with her camera phone and making plenty of rude jokes. But ultimately this is not a joke, it is just a supressed part of me emerging, and the next post will deal with some of the issues this is creating in my marriage, and how I am going to try and take this to another level (social nudism). I do not know how this will all work out, I hope that you can share the adventure with me, but I promise you that this is real and true, I will not fabricate anything, good or bad, and I hope that you stay for the ride!

No comments: