Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Weekend Newds


  • A Florida vice squad officer faces disciplinary action for using his agency-issued camera phone to send nude photos of himself to women.
  • An 85 year-old great-grandmother in the UK is upset over new home construction that will allow the new neighbors clear views into her backyard, where she likes to sunbathe topfree.
    "I've always loved my garden. I need to strip off and I don't think people should be looking at me. There's no way I can carry on." Mrs Lovejoy, who has lived in Argyle Crescent, Fareham, for nearly 40 years, and her neighbours lost their battle when councillors gave the go-ahead for 43 homes off Gudge Heath Lane.
  • Readers respond to a recent MSNBC article on breastfeeding.
    "It is very unappetizing to be in a restaurant and look over to see someone's business hanging out. ... I hear a lot of assertion of the 'rights' of these women, but what about the 'right' of the rest of us to not see it?"

    "Learning to nurse your first child can be challenging. When my first son was 2 months old, I was trying to nurse him in a restaurant with my in-laws. I had a blanket over him but we were both struggling a bit to get him started nursing. My mother-in-law told me to go feed him in the bathroom. I was insulted and told her to go eat her dinner on a toilet."
  • WikiHow has a good article entitled "How to Practice Nudity in Your Family".
    5. Allow your children - from birth - to see you in ordinary nude situations (e.g.- dressing, bathing or showering, using the toilet) or any activity where nudity is a natural part. By being comfortable with your own body you will naturally convey the message to your children that nudity really is okay and not something to fear. There are naturally times in life when clothes must be worn for protection, for comfort, and to adhere to societal norms. However, by talking with your children about being comfortable with nudity at home, your children will grow up understanding that being nude & being seen nude at home isn't something "uncool, horrible, and utterly embarrassing."


No comments: