Friday, September 07, 2007

Vanessa Hudgens Apologizes

Vanessa Hudgens caved in to pressure, presumably from the powers-that-be at Disney, and apologized for the nude photos that are all over the Internet.
"I want to apologize to my fans, whose support and trust means the world to me," Hudgens said in a statement, according to Us Weekly. "I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos. I am thankful for the support of my family and friends."
Embarrassed. Regretful. Apologetic. I was really hoping that finally we would have a celebrity that would slough off the nude photos and treat the incident as "no big deal". Now the perception is that she did something terribly wrong and brought shame to her family and friends. One more day and this story would have simply faded away, and now it has legs for at least one more news cycle. Is the lawsuit coming next?

UPDATE: It is clearly pressure from Disney that prompted the apology, since the House of Mouse is now sticking with Vanessa Hudgens.
"Vanessa has apologized for what was obviously a lapse in judgment," said Disney Channel spokeswoman Patti McTeague. "We hope she's learned a valuable lesson."
UPDATE 2: Hudgens is sicking her lawyers on websites that post the nude photo. Egotastic has already been contacted and threatened, so they've removed the photo.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: