Friday, August 29, 2008

Erring on the Side of "Safety"

A Pasco County caseworker has blocked two children from having visitation rights with their grandparents who live in the Lake Como "nudist colony".

A spokesperson for Eckerd Community Alternatives acknowledged that there was no legal reason for the action and stated "...if there is any concerns about any situation, we always err on the side of the safety and well being of the child."

Arguments will be held before a judge next week. If children are prevented by the courts from visiting a nudist resort, it's a precedent that threatens all family nudism in America. AANR and TNS should be all over this one.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Academic Naturist said...

Unbelieveable... Remember my post about children in naturism? There is sufficient proof that naturism actually helps kids. The real dangers are in the textile-only world. Hopefully AANR and TNS can use my findings to prove to the judge that naturism doesn't have the negative impact he/she thinks it does.

Academic Naturist said...

OK, I cut out the middle-man. I looked up the lawyer (Howard Iken) and sent him a message with the sources I found last year. I know how hard it is to find sources like that, so hopefully I helped him out.

I doubt that AANR/TNS would do anything.