Friday, August 22, 2008

Nudist Turned Nude Model

67 year-old David Quammen is on his third career.
How did you get into nude modeling?

I saw an article about a gal who had been operating open drawing sessions at a bar in Adams Morgan. I had belonged to a nudist lodge in California, so that wasn't an issue. I contacted her, and . . . Halloween 2000 was my first experience. I turned 60 just days before that.
Quammen takes his job very seriously and has founded the Figure Models Guild of Washington DC in order to raise the standards of the profession. He also is demanding on the students in his classes.
So I'm sitting there, and I can hear these people yakking and yakking and yakking. So finally . . . I just told them to shut up. And one said, "You shouldn't treat me that way." I said, "You're acting like a child; I'll treat you like one. I'll leave if this keeps going on." It didn't.
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: