Friday, August 15, 2008

Never Too Old

74 year-old acclaimed actress Sian Phillips is about to take the stage in the nude for a theatre production of "Calendar Girls".
Asked if women could still be sexy after 60, she said: “I’ve been reported as saying a woman should not show her arms after the age of 30 when they go a bit flabby and that short skirts are out whenever cellulite comes along.

“But age should never be a barrier to anything – my grandmother told me that.”

Sian admitted that going unclad in front of hundreds of people was something she could never have envisaged in her days growing up on the Black Mountain above Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen, a few miles north of Pontardawe in the Swansea Valley.

She said: “We were strictly chapel, you know, really Welsh chapel in those days and this kind of thing would be unheard of.

“But I went into acting early and got used to a different life though those days always live with me.”
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: