Saturday, July 05, 2008

Swimsuit Not Needed at Deep Creek Hot Springs


The Los Angeles Times profiles the resort in Apple Valley, California.
A few feet away, three 20-ish women relax in a second pool. If I forgot to mention it, they're nude too. Beads of sweat glisten off their bodies. I try not to stare. It's not easy. I should mention that I'm in my birthday suit too.

I hike back to talk with Hippie Dude, who tells me the baths are not segregated by gender. No rules, man, he says. No clothes. No hang-ups.

I feel like I have just stepped into a '60s commune.
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not a "resort", rather, a State Park open to all who are able-bodied enough to make the hike. Note also that there are no amenities at the springs: bring what you need, take what you brought.