Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Message from Elizabeth Book

Many of you have followed my fight for Topfreedom in Florida for the past five years. I have tried to keep you all abreast of the accomplishments we have achieved. Daytona crafted this new ordinance that I have attached for you, just a few weeks after I had announced my intention to do another protest on International Women's Day. It seems that they will always have a problem in conceding defeat.

This last time, I stepped up to the Topfree Stand with the protection of the United Nations, the Constitution of the United States, and Two Appellate Court rulings in the American women's favor. This time their police officers smiled as they patrolled the protest.

I have a new attorney out of Merrit Island, Florida, who will soon be filing a 14th Amendment lawsuit in my name. We will be having a press conference on this next Monday. His name is Mark Tietig. He asked me today for a copy of the new ordinance with the changes that Daytona developed just after my notification of my intentions last November. I reviewed it and had it sent over to him. This is the first time that I have really seen this new ordinance. I simply refused to let it hold any credence in my fight for equality prior to my last protest. In reading it today for the first time, I am appalled at the verbiage used and the delineations of the human body that they have made. They also clearly target women and our breasts in this new ordinance. Gees, they have even connoted the nipple and the amount of tissue surrounding the nipple that may lawfully be freed! Hopefully, I will address this soon in my upcoming lawsuit.

Let them think they have superiority over us! Let them connote our breasts as sexual organs. I will not stand down. Ha! Not only will I not stand down, I will even stand against this behavior of targeting American women, more often. I have decided to extend my protests into semi annual protests. People are asking me why I would do this? I reply, "Why, because I can!" If it is fight they are spoiling for, then I am just the woman to give it to them!

In the past, they have tried to levy fines and costs at me. I will tell you now, that I never have nor will I ever pay them a dime for free speech or my presentation of it! My outrage at their tactics and their maneuverings knows no bounds.I have some awesome twists to our First Amendment that I plan to instill in my upcoming protests. I love symbolism. I use it frequently in all of my protests.This year's upcoming Topfree Stand protest in Daytona Beach in October will relfect this, too. Nowhere in the "Protestor's Handguide" does it state that we must be anything but peaceful and happy during a protest. Music, laughter, love, and innocent breasts will be hard for them to overcome with their insinuations that my protests might be hostile or harmful. My protests will be the happiest protests this country has ever seen, as they have been in the past. (Until the "Powers That be" decide to rescind our First Amendment rights).

Stand peacefully for change and for your right to fight for change or you just may lose this wonderful privilege. Some things are definitely worth fighting for.

Liz Book

Here is a link to the Daytona ordinance.

Tags
: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: