Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Daily Newds 1/9/08


  • Singer Shakira has turned down a starring role in the movie "Love in the Time of Cholera" because she would have been required to do a nude scene. [Gossip Girls]
  • Columnist Francine Clee lets her gymnophobia hang out.
    I still awake wild-eyed and incoherent from nightmares about my school's communal showers, 30 years after the last time I used them.

    In vain would exasperated people like the gym teacher or my mum ask me as I clung on to my underwear: "What's your problem? Have you got something we haven't got?"

    Yes, was the answer: I had a perfectly reasonable aversion to pretending it was fine to cavort around naked in front of other people. [The Press]
  • Peng Travel is the UK's leading provider of naturist holidays. [Peng Travel]
  • A railway poster for a millennium-old Japanese festival featuring naked men piling atop one another for good luck has been banned due to concerns over potential "sexual harassment". [Yahoo News]
  • "Nude is the norm" as women lead a sex revolution in Argentina. [Chicago Tribune]
  • The first photo book to feature nudity in Vietnam has sold out its first run. [Vietnam.net]
  • "How to Look Good Naked" on Lifetime Television is exploding in the ratings. [Earthtimes.org]

No comments: