Monday, January 15, 2007

The Daily Newds


  • The "Naked Rambler" Stephen Gough, arrested for being nude in public, is allowed to wander nude in jail.
    The 47-year-old, from Eastleigh, in Hampshire, wanders the closed unit without clothes. He says it is part of his bid to raise awareness of nudity issues - he believes nudity is a natural right. Gough is said to also enjoy naked walks in the grounds of the prison for daily exercise.
  • Comedian Phil Nichol is doing a show called "The Naked Racist".
    "It's five hours of my life compacted into one show and I don't want to give away the ending but it finishes off with me being naked."
  • In 1967, Dr. Martin Luther King gave an address "Beyond Vietnam" which could today be called "Beyond Iraq".
    "As I have walked among the desperate, rejected and angry young men I have told them that Molotov cocktails and rifles would not solve their problems. I have tried to offer them my deepest compassion while maintaining my conviction that social change comes most meaningfully through nonviolent action. But they asked -- and rightly so -- what about Vietnam? They asked if our own nation wasn't using massive doses of violence to solve its problems, to bring about the changes it wanted. Their questions hit home, and I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government. For the sake of those boys, for the sake of this government, for the sake of hundreds of thousands trembling under our violence, I cannot be silent."
  • Congratulations to the Rancho Bernardo Arts Association for returing the nude painting "After the Bath" to its rightful place with the other award winners. The painting had previously been banished to the second-floor level because some prudes complained.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: