Sunday, October 07, 2007

Drawing Nudes in the Nude

Artist Meg Abraham, 21, of Syracuse, prefers to draw using charcoal, but the medium is tough on the clothes. One day she discovered that the problem was easily solved by working in the nude. Coincidentally, she also prefers nudes as her subject matter.
I grew up in a background that was really conservative. I went to Christian schools all my life. I never felt like I could talk about sex or look at the body. Now that I'm in New York and older, I want to make the loudest statement I can about the human body.

This is me breaking out of my shell. This is me showing the world how beautiful I think the human body is.
If you would like to see Meg's work, her show runs through October 31 at the Sugar Pearl Espresso Bar and Lounge in Syracuse.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: