Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Emmanuelle Béart on Nudity


Emmanuelle Béart is now 44 years old but still gracing the silver screen with her beauty. In a recent interview, she recalls posing for the famous Elle Magazine cover a few years ago.
She has, of course, an innocent explanation: "We'd just arrived for a beauty shoot, it was 5am and I desperately needed a swim. The photographer was a friend, and she asked if I'd mind if she took a few photos. When I saw them, it was me who suggested they use those. It was a riposte to all those skinny, semi-anorexic adolescents that women's magazines inflict on us; it was to say, 'Look, I'm 40, this is my body, this is my plenitude, these are my curves, I like them and I'm proud of them.' It's true, I feel better in my body now than when I was 20. Why not?"
Why not, indeed.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: