Sunday, October 07, 2007

Eva Mendes Says Her Comfort With Nudity is "Un-American"

Comingsoon.net recently spoke to actress Eva Mendes about her upcoming film "We Own the Night", and asked her if she had any concerns about the nudity required in the role.
Mendes: No, no, no. I am very un-American in that way only. I love being American but in that one way when it comes to nudity I feel like if you're emotionally nude for a movie and you're saying you're not going to do nudity, I just feel like that's a contradiction and that's a bit hypocritical. I give 150% of myself and now what's interesting is I'd rather be nude and be true to the scene and the character than be scantily clad for no reason if that makes any sense. I think it's actually more grotesque to be parading around in a film in skimpy clothes for no reason than to actually be true and authentic and have your breasts exposed or something, so I have a difference of opinion.

No comments: