Sunday, October 21, 2007

Self-Portrait


Somebody wrote and asked why I don't write about myself more often.

I started out this blog as a type of catharsis, outing myself as a nudist by proclaiming it to the world. I still feel that way, but the blog has become more about social issues regarding nudism, and not so much a mirror of myself.

I took the above self-portrait this morning as the first sunlight filtered in. I like the fact that you can just see the very top of my head in the mirror reflection. That's about all I've revealed of myself here.

I'm not like NakedJen, airing out all my personal affairs, although I admire her for her courage and unabashed openness. And I'm not like most "nudist guys" who always post photos of themselves with their pelvises thrust out to the camera. Nudism is not just about waving your genitals in front of the world.

Yesterday was a good day. The Buckeyes won. The Red Sox won. And I went swimming nude with about 20 nice people last night. Life can be very good sometimes. Every once in a while you just have to stand back and take a look at yourself to realize how lucky you really are.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Rick said...

That's a very nice photograph and an excellent post. I always look forward to reading your blog. I almost always find some food for thought in them.

I'll have to try to make it to the next swim. It's a bit of a drive but probably worth it.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I would just like to say how much I love your blog and excellent post about naturism. It is always interesting.

I have a small question - where do you find so many news regarding naturism?

Keep up the good work - we all love it :)

BTW: Nice photo - very sensual. And you are right: being a naturist is not about showing your genitals on-line.