Friday, October 09, 2009

Hilary Swank Joins the Ranks of Home Nudists

From an interview in Marie Claire:
JC: What do you sleep in?

HS: I don't sleep in anything. Do you sleep in a nightgown?

JC: I sleep in pj's. I have two young sons, so I have to be conscious of that.

HS: Well, my boyfriend's son is 6 years old, and you wonder at what age you should stop walking around nude. Every morning he comes into the bedroom, and you're just nude. But he doesn't look twice; he doesn't think about it yet. I just toss and turn too much when I sleep, and if I'm in clothes, I get all twisted up.
The key phrase here is "you're just nude", which is precisely what nudists and naturists profess as a basic philosophy. It's no big deal. Everybody has a body and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I also like the fact that she freely admits that she is nude in front of a 6 year-old boy, especially in light of the fact that the interviewer implied that there was something indecent about having children see a naked body. As Hilary notes, he "doesn't look twice".

It's clear that Ms. Swank is very comfortable being nude at home. Still waiting for the day when one of these celebrities refers to him or herself as a nudist.

[via Huffington Post]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just at a clothing optional hot springs in Colorado. There were children (age 1 to 10) present both clothed and nude. The children acted like normal children at a pool. I think the kids just reacted like the adults present. The adults treated the nudity as no big deal, and so did the kids. If Hilary Swank had panicked and covered up when the child walked in, the child would have been taught that there is something bad about nudity.